Get our Newsletter
Stay updated with the latest Email Marketing trends
How many times have you been contacted by one of your customers telling you that they unsubscribed to one of your list by mistake? I’m sure at least once if not more. Well this is no reason to panic since your Emailbrain account allows you to add them back to your list.
What do we need from you?
1. First, you must contact our customer support.
2. We need an email from your customer requesting to be added again to your list. The email most come from the email address that will be added to your mailing list.
2. With this information your customer will be deleted from the block list. Automatically the category of the email will be changed from (U) Unsubscribed to (OK) Okay.
What you need to do after you have contacted customer support?
1. Access your account and make sure you are in Advance Mode
2. Go to Mailing List
3. Click on Email addresses and select Blocklist.
4. Enter the email on the Search Blosklist option, to make sure is not longer there.
Don't forget that here at Emailbrain we are always here to help you out in all your email marketing needs!
Welcome emails allow you to connect immediately with your new subscribers and thus prove that you are a reputable company and that they are important to you. So I want to give you two tips on how to make a good impression in your welcome newsletter.
• Make sure you include a welcome message in the subject line of the email.
• The reply email address must include your name or company name.
• It is recommended to add in the beginning of your newsletters a header that allows subscribers to add you to the list of safe contacts in their emails. For example:
•Write a small paragraph (no more than 3 -4 lines) welcoming them to your newsletter.
2. Get information about your interests:
Create links that lead to various pages on your website in order to track the interests of your new subscribers. You can see who clicked on your links and then analyze which customers prefer certain things that you offer. So you can begin to target the interests of your customers by creating more customize campaigns. Doing this reduces the likelihood that your subscribers get bored with your newsletters, and always receive the information they want.
Most people want to send effective and successful email marketing campaigns, but unfortunately many people are doing everything and not take into account the great importance of mailing lists. Remember that the greatest asset you have in email marketing is the mailing list. Without a mailing list who would you send your newsletters to? For that reason you should put emphasis on your list and maintain the quality of the same.
Here are some of the most common errors business owners make with their mailing list, and you can use them to your benefit so that you do not fall in the same trap and start to treat your list with lots of love.
The most common errors are:
1. Buying mailing lists It is understandable that when one is starting in the world of email marketing, do not have a mailing lists and the easiest solution it is to buy one. But this is a serious error because it can bring many negative consequences. You might be asking yourself what consequences, well, the people on those lists don't know you or your business. There is a high possibility that they will report you as a spammer and this will generate spam complaints about your company that will get your account blocked. There are active anti-spam groups that monitored the email marketing world. These groups can get a hold of your email due to complaints and prevent you from sending newsletters again. Finally, many of these mailing lists contain emails that are called "spam traps", which means is that these emails are used by some companies to see who sends spam emails or uses purchase list. These emails "spam traps" are emails that have never opt-in to receive marketing email messages. So if you send one of these "spam traps", it is more likely that the your email marketing company (in this case Emailbrain) will asked opt-in proof of your entire list and block your account until you can provide this information. Since these is a purchased list you will not be able to provide the opt-in proof and your account will be canceled. So the best thing to do is create your own list. It might take a little longer, but your reputation will be clean. In the world of email marketing, having a good reputation is everything. I recommend you put a subscription form on your website, your office etc..
2. Failure to provide maintenance to your list With the passage of time, the list becomes outdated. If you have the same list for a very long time and you wish to send them again, you should be aware that they probably already have forgotten about you. Therefore, they will consider you an spammer. So do not let time go by without sending to your list. Keep it up to date and if you want, send a thank you newsletter once every 6 months. That way if they do not want to continue receiving your newsletters, your readers can have the chance to unsubscribe. Another big mistake some people make is that they create the list and not use it until years later. Use your list, do not wait until you have X amounts of emails to use it. Remember, the more time passes, readers will forget you, or that these emails would no longer be valid.
3. Do not Forget to unsubscribe your contacts
Although in their newsletters (footer) is the option to unsubscribe, some people just answer the email saying they unsubscribe. If you receive these emails, get them removed from all lists. Make sure the email is removed and also remember that we offer the option to block emails. This will prevent you to sent by mistake.
4. Not knowing where you obtained subscribers The last great mistake made is not knowing where your subscribers came from. It is important to always know how they subscribe to your list, if it was through your website, an event or even a sale etc. .. Whenever you organize the information in your database, put it where it was obtained. Thus, if in the future, this person makes a complaint about you, you will be able to show opt-in proof of when and how they signed up. Without this information, your email marketing company (Emailbrain) can block or cancel your account. Remember not having opt-in proof of your list goes against the anti-spam rules.
Now and days it is not recommended to use email addresses that begin with noreply@ or norespond@ to send your newsletters since they do not leave a good impression on your readers. Remember that the ones receiving your emails are your customers or prospect clients, and you should give them the option to reply back to you. Using those type of email addresses sends the wrong message to your readers, they might perceive it as you do not care about their comments or suggestions.
• Your emails may be considered spam
• When someone replies to your emails, it is more likely to add you to the list of safe contacts, since customers will always receive your newsletters in your inbox. you should always try to encourage responses.
• You can missed suggestions and comments from subscribers, that can help you improve your efforts / marketing techniques.
• Using these directions has been shown to reduce the percentage of openings, lowers the un-subscribes as well as the percentages of complaints.
• Emails today, and smartphones show much more than the name of the sender, such as the email. So I wonder, would you open an email that was sent by norespond@ yourdomain.com?
The best way to get your client's permission, and for them to engage to your newsletters is by always being honest with them and never try to trick them, by putting information on the subject line that once they open the newsletter, they realize that what was on the subject line was misleading and had nothing to do with what was inside the newsletter. It is very important that everytime your subscribers open your newsletter, they have a good impression of what you are sending them, and are very happy to receive what you are sending them.
Another really important point to consider when sending your newsletter is how often you are planning to email them. Basically, the key is to have a balance. If you send too many emails, the recipient will feel annoyed by you, but if you barely send any emails, and then they will end up forgetting about you or your business. If you do not have anything important to write, avoid writing because they will end up unsubscribing, they will lose interest in what you are sending to them.
If you focus on sending them information, that is important and that they are happy to receive, they will want to read all the emails you send them, and they will feel that it is important for the to open what you are sending them. And then comes into place what is called “word of mouth”. Your recipients will be happy to share information with their co workers, friends etc.
You should always put yourself in your subscriber’s shoes and ask yourself: Is what I am sending interesting, would I like to receive that in my inbox? If the answer is yes, you can rest assured you are doing a great job!