Get our Newsletter
Stay updated with the latest Email Marketing trends
Since you took the first step to create an email marketing account and you're ready to start in this new world, you might be thinking now, What style should I use with my newsletters? How to make them? How will they look?
It is logical that the content in your newsletters is important, as it must convey your message to your customers, but the way it looks and feels is even more important. Why? Since you are showing your brand and your company image, you must remember that the first impression is visual (all enters through the eye), so if you readers get a first best impression, I can assure you that they will read it.
For this reason, you will always find a number of free templates on your account, which you can modify and make them your own, with your style and brand. In these pre-designed templates you simply change the text, images and logo and you are ready to send. Using the pre-designed templates will help you create an organized newsletter with good content that will attract attention.
Once you have your template ready, you can send your newsletter and begin to see how your customers will open it and enjoy it ..
Welcome emails allow you to connect immediately with your new subscribers and thus prove that you are a reputable company and that they are important to you. So I want to give you two tips on how to make a good impression in your welcome newsletter.
• Make sure you include a welcome message in the subject line of the email.
• The reply email address must include your name or company name.
• It is recommended to add in the beginning of your newsletters a header that allows subscribers to add you to the list of safe contacts in their emails. For example:
•Write a small paragraph (no more than 3 -4 lines) welcoming them to your newsletter.
2. Get information about your interests:
Create links that lead to various pages on your website in order to track the interests of your new subscribers. You can see who clicked on your links and then analyze which customers prefer certain things that you offer. So you can begin to target the interests of your customers by creating more customize campaigns. Doing this reduces the likelihood that your subscribers get bored with your newsletters, and always receive the information they want.
Most people want to send effective and successful email marketing campaigns, but unfortunately many people are doing everything and not take into account the great importance of mailing lists. Remember that the greatest asset you have in email marketing is the mailing list. Without a mailing list who would you send your newsletters to? For that reason you should put emphasis on your list and maintain the quality of the same.
Here are some of the most common errors business owners make with their mailing list, and you can use them to your benefit so that you do not fall in the same trap and start to treat your list with lots of love.
The most common errors are:
1. Buying mailing lists It is understandable that when one is starting in the world of email marketing, do not have a mailing lists and the easiest solution it is to buy one. But this is a serious error because it can bring many negative consequences. You might be asking yourself what consequences, well, the people on those lists don't know you or your business. There is a high possibility that they will report you as a spammer and this will generate spam complaints about your company that will get your account blocked. There are active anti-spam groups that monitored the email marketing world. These groups can get a hold of your email due to complaints and prevent you from sending newsletters again. Finally, many of these mailing lists contain emails that are called "spam traps", which means is that these emails are used by some companies to see who sends spam emails or uses purchase list. These emails "spam traps" are emails that have never opt-in to receive marketing email messages. So if you send one of these "spam traps", it is more likely that the your email marketing company (in this case Emailbrain) will asked opt-in proof of your entire list and block your account until you can provide this information. Since these is a purchased list you will not be able to provide the opt-in proof and your account will be canceled. So the best thing to do is create your own list. It might take a little longer, but your reputation will be clean. In the world of email marketing, having a good reputation is everything. I recommend you put a subscription form on your website, your office etc..
2. Failure to provide maintenance to your list With the passage of time, the list becomes outdated. If you have the same list for a very long time and you wish to send them again, you should be aware that they probably already have forgotten about you. Therefore, they will consider you an spammer. So do not let time go by without sending to your list. Keep it up to date and if you want, send a thank you newsletter once every 6 months. That way if they do not want to continue receiving your newsletters, your readers can have the chance to unsubscribe. Another big mistake some people make is that they create the list and not use it until years later. Use your list, do not wait until you have X amounts of emails to use it. Remember, the more time passes, readers will forget you, or that these emails would no longer be valid.
3. Do not Forget to unsubscribe your contacts
Although in their newsletters (footer) is the option to unsubscribe, some people just answer the email saying they unsubscribe. If you receive these emails, get them removed from all lists. Make sure the email is removed and also remember that we offer the option to block emails. This will prevent you to sent by mistake.
4. Not knowing where you obtained subscribers The last great mistake made is not knowing where your subscribers came from. It is important to always know how they subscribe to your list, if it was through your website, an event or even a sale etc. .. Whenever you organize the information in your database, put it where it was obtained. Thus, if in the future, this person makes a complaint about you, you will be able to show opt-in proof of when and how they signed up. Without this information, your email marketing company (Emailbrain) can block or cancel your account. Remember not having opt-in proof of your list goes against the anti-spam rules.
Now and days it is not recommended to use email addresses that begin with noreply@ or norespond@ to send your newsletters since they do not leave a good impression on your readers. Remember that the ones receiving your emails are your customers or prospect clients, and you should give them the option to reply back to you. Using those type of email addresses sends the wrong message to your readers, they might perceive it as you do not care about their comments or suggestions.
• Your emails may be considered spam
• When someone replies to your emails, it is more likely to add you to the list of safe contacts, since customers will always receive your newsletters in your inbox. you should always try to encourage responses.
• You can missed suggestions and comments from subscribers, that can help you improve your efforts / marketing techniques.
• Using these directions has been shown to reduce the percentage of openings, lowers the un-subscribes as well as the percentages of complaints.
• Emails today, and smartphones show much more than the name of the sender, such as the email. So I wonder, would you open an email that was sent by norespond@ yourdomain.com?
Now days social networks allow you to grow your mailing list. Subscribers have become more susceptible to the information they want to receive in their inbox. For those two reasons you must take advantage of the tools provide it by social networks; to show readers how good your newsletters are and encourage them to subscribe to receive them.
So it is best that aside from the subscription form you have on your website, you should also include it in your Facebook page. For example, you may have some users that visit your Facebook page and would never enter your web page, so if you have your subscription form available in your fan page your customers will be able to subscribe to receive your newsletters. So putting the format of the subscription form in your Facebook page will not only help you grow your list but it will also keep your list ICANN compliance since all emails will be opt in.
It does not really matter if you are a professional designer or not when designing your newsletter, what matters is that you understand that designing an effective email marketing campaign can be challenging. So we want to help you overcome these challenges and help you create your newsletter with the best techniques.
Did you create two versions? Always remember to create two versions of your newsletters, one in HTML and other text. Why? Because if you only send the HTML version, your subscribers that don't have the capability to receive HTML messages will not receive it or they will simply receive a newsletter with nonsense characters.
Did you design for the 5 largest suppliers of email? Keep in mind that your designs must not only look good with one email provider, it must look good on the most commonly used today. According to a study by MarketingSherpa 2010 Email Marketing Benchmark Report, 80% of users use the following 5 email providers:
Using our new Inbox Preview feature before you send will assure you that your clients will receive your newsletter correctly. Did you include a link to a web version? Although you have tested your newsletter with several email providers, there still the option that some of your subscribers uses their smartphone to check their emails. This is why you must include a link to view the web version. This way, they will simply click on the link and they will see your newsletter without any problems. Did you use colors that are beneficial for you? No one can deny that the color of their newsletter has much effect on the design. Well-use colors can draw your readers attention to the most relevant information on the newsletter. The colors should be a complement and every component of the newsletter should be tight together. Experiment with the colors until you find the perfect combination, and at all costs avoid colors that do not attract attention.