I want to give some tips that should keep in mind when planning your email marketing campaigns.
1. Frequency in sendings- always be conscious not to overload your customers by sending them a lot of information in a very often manner, since the result can be making your clients tired. Also do not wait much time between a referral and another, since your subscribers may forget who you are and may ignore your message.
2. Subject line - good subject line can make open emails’ rate increase. So when you write the subject line explain what the newsletter is about but in a interseting and creative manner. Remember that if someone presses the button "like" in the newsletter, the subject line is to be seen on Facebook, and many people will see your newsletter, and if they find your newsletter interesting they can end up registering in your mailing list.
3. Surveys -from time to time send in your newsletters a survey to know what customers think about your services, products and even their newsletter.
4. Turn yourself into your customer-Each time you receive a newsletter from another company what do you think about these newsletters, would you like to give any suggestions, What suggestions would you give? Do this same exercise with their newsletters, analyze, what they need or do not need. Are the colors, text, images attractive for the entire audience? Think like your reader and each time try to improve your newsletter.
5. Welcome Message- Once they register to your mailing list (subscription form) program to send a welcome newsletter automatically. This message is welcoming them, so you must be clear in what you say, and the client will see that you care who is registered in your list and you can also explain to them what expect from your newsletters.
6. Send – test before sending, never send an email marketing campaign without testing, always forward a test to yourself. Then if you get it, send it to some of your colleagues so they can check for any error that it may contain. Remember that it can get though fine in Hotmail can but for any reason in Gmail it may not turn out so well, so you must fix it so it reaches all emails just fine, so it is very important to always send proof before sending to your list. Remember that we offer the preview feature inbox, where you can see how they look at each email providers.
7. Mailing List- Keep all your mailing lists clean and make sure all emails are opt-in. The less unsubscribes you have is because you are doing something good in your newsletter and is really being sent to people who want to know about your products / services. Also, remember that if your lists are opt-in, you can start to receive complaints and may block your account.
8. Spam- Make sure to test your newsletter for spam, and the result must be less than 1. When you go into your account to send> send to list, there we give you the option to test for spam. The less the spam score is, the less likely they are to be considered spam by spam filters. Also note not to use words like free viagra, money, easy sex and so on, and do not use a lot of red in your texts. These words are considered spam by spam filters.
9. Keep up to date- When writing your newsletters know the topic you are writing about, if you are giving statistics make sure that are current, if you are going to talk about competition make sure that it is accurate. Always give exact information when you are writing it, because if you start to make up information or write the first thought that comes to your mind, more than one of your customers will notice and stop believing in your company and the information you submit.
10. Newsletter design- Make your newsletter easy to understand, make the key points identifiable immediately, do not use many colors or images, or text only. Be creative, call the attention of your customers but do not overwhelm the with many things. à Be creative, get your clients attention, but do not overwhelm the with many things.